Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Lights, Camera, Mazel Tov - How I Officiated a Wedding on Mtv

Assisted Living San Antonio - Lights, Camera, Mazel Tov - How I Officiated a Wedding on Mtv
The content is nice quality and useful content, Which is new is that you simply never knew before that I do know is that I have discovered. Before the unique. It is now near to enter destination Lights, Camera, Mazel Tov - How I Officiated a Wedding on Mtv. And the content related to Assisted Living San Antonio.

Do you know about - Lights, Camera, Mazel Tov - How I Officiated a Wedding on Mtv

Assisted Living San Antonio! Again, for I know. Ready to share new things that are useful. You and your friends.

As one of the only rabbis in the South who will officiate interfaith weddings without conditions, I get quite a few calls from brides, grooms, and parents finding for a rabbi. When it came to Yisel and Max's San Antonio, Texas wedding, it was the first time that the call came from a television producer! I was surely intrigued. After all (as a child of the 80s, especially), I never as a matter of fact idea that Mtv would come calling!

What I said. It is not outcome that the actual about Assisted Living San Antonio. You check this out article for information on an individual want to know is Assisted Living San Antonio.

How is Lights, Camera, Mazel Tov - How I Officiated a Wedding on Mtv

We had a good read. For the benefit of yourself. Be sure to read to the end. I want you to get good knowledge from Assisted Living San Antonio.

The producer explained to me that Mtv's Hispanic channel was about to roll out a new reality Tv series, "Quiero Mi Boda", practically translated, "I Want My Wedding", which would go behind the scenes of weddings, and would be a spin-off of their very flourishing show "Quiero Mis Quinces" that did the same for the original advent of age parties for young Latinas. They were exclusively focusing on intercultural relationships, where one partner was Hispanic, and one of the central couples was a Jewish-Catholic couple, who were to be married in exactly nine days. Their rabbi had pulled out at the last minute. It was very important to the incorporate to have a rabbi officiate their wedding, and it was important to them to be part of the series. If they couldn't find a rabbi and quickly, they would be faced with a tough choice - give up on having a rabbi or themselves pull out of the series. Would I be willing to help?

My mission as an interfaith wedding rabbi is to help interfaith couples make the most of their most fabulous day. My belief is that interfaith relationships should be celebrated, and that the ceremony can and should be the focal point of this celebration of an interfaith incorporate starting their new life together. I immediately said yes, as I wanted to help this incorporate who were in personal dire straits. I also felt it important to help them in their quest to apply their wedding as a teachable moment for citizen in the Hispanic and normal community. This was a golden opportunity for Mtv viewers to see what a Jewish wedding was all about, and how interfaith relationships are something a rabbi is passionate about celebrating.

I commonly try to meet (or with couples who don't live in Dallas, have phone conferences) with each incorporate three or four times before their wedding, so we can as a matter of fact get to know each other, and plan the ceremony together. Obviously nine days did not allow for that. Yisel, Max and I had to make do with one or two oppressive phone conferences. That said, we were ready to go a few days before the wedding.

The Mtv citizen were very respectful and seemed as a matter of fact fascinated by all of the traditions included in the ceremony. It was very important to them that we consist of all of the authentic traditions for the television audience at home to see. I was personally fascinated by the whole production. In increasing to the vendors you all the time see at a wedding, there were camera crews and "sound guys" hovering throughout the proceedings. Part of the time they just filmed what was going on, and part of the time they interviewed people. As befits our somewhat litigious society, yield assistants would swiftly descend on anything who participated, and have them sign a lengthy waiver.

The troops wedding was spellbinding and gorgeous with the groom, a U.S. Air Force pilot, clad in his dress uniform, and the bride, wearing a gorgeous tiara veil in increasing to her wedding gown. The ceremony included elements from both faith traditions, with vows, a New Testament reading, and a Unity Candle from the Christian tradition, and the Ketubah, the Seven Blessings and the breaking of the glass from the Jewish tradition. My popular parts of any wedding ceremony, and this was no exception, are the traditions that both faiths share, the ring exchange, the shared cup and the Priestly Blessing. For the latter I wrapped the incorporate in my Tallit, which all the time makes for a "warm and fuzzy" moment, and I blessed them in three languages, Hebrew, English and Spanish. I then pronounced them esposo y esposa. As I commonly do, I included short explanations of all the discrete customs and rituals for the advantage of those at the wedding, and those who would watch it on Tv.

I all the time begin the last part of the ceremony by mentioning that when citizen in our Great State of Texas hear that I do weddings, they say to me "Y'all break a glass, right?" Many times it is the only thing they know about a Jewish wedding. You would think, therefore that we would know the suspect why we break a glass, and as typical of our People, there are about fifteen-twenty reasons for this ritual, which as a matter of fact means none are true... I then say, that following comprehensive Talmudic research, I have found the real suspect - this is to symbolize that this is the last time a Jewish husband will be able to put his foot down! This all the time elicits a hearty laugh, and it did this time too. I then commonly ensue this with a serious explanation, one that speaks to the incorporate and their hopes and dreams.

It was especially important to me and to Yisel and Max to use what I feel is the most fabulous explanation for the breaking of the glass; one that fits very well with the clear message that they, I and Mtv were trying to convey with regard to interfaith and intercultural relationships. The shattering of the glass, I explained, symbolizes the breaking down of barriers between citizen of different cultures and different faiths. We look to the bride and the groom, and hope that the day will come when everyone in the whole world will learn from them, and love each other, regardless of faith and culture. I as a matter of fact hope that with the airing of this gorgeous wedding on Mtv, we will bring that day just a little closer!

I hope you get new knowledge about Assisted Living San Antonio. Where you'll be able to put to use in your day-to-day life. And most of all, your reaction is Assisted Living San Antonio.Read more.. Lights, Camera, Mazel Tov - How I Officiated a Wedding on Mtv. View Related articles associated with Assisted Living San Antonio. I Roll below. I have suggested my friends to assist share the Facebook Twitter Like Tweet. Can you share Lights, Camera, Mazel Tov - How I Officiated a Wedding on Mtv.


No comments:

Post a Comment